Stage director Alison Moritz continues her season of leading world premieres and company debuts, with her return to Washington National Opera’s American Opera Initiative, leading Kamala Sankaram’s Taking Up Serpents. Anne Midgette previews the piece ahead of it’s January 11, 2019 premiere.
- Daniela Candillari Leads Two Major World Premieres
- Julie Adams debuts the role of Elsa in Lohengrin at San Francisco Opera
- Jonathan Burton joins Dallas Opera as Cavaradossi in Tosca
- Eric Taylor sings the role of Pinkerton in Matthew Ozawa’s “stunning” new Madama Butterfly
- Briana Hunter and Raymond Aceto perform in Metropolitan Opera’s Dead Man Walking