Julia Adolphe’s violin concerto, Woven Loom, Silver Spindle had its world premiere this December with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, deftly guided by conductor Xian Zhang and with concertmaster Martin Chalifour playing. The piece “gleamed brightly” in Walt Disney Concert Hall (San Francisco Classical Review). Chalifour made “every interaction in Adolphe’s concerto feel like fascinating conversation” (Los Angeles Times).
- Daniela Candillari debuts a “captivating” LAKMÉ at Deutsche Oper Berlin
- Elizabeth Sutphen debuts at Salzburger Landestheater
- Charles Sy sings Don Ottavio in Don Giovanni at Deutsche Opera am Rhein
- Alexander Birch Elliott makes “major debut” at LA Opera
- Rodell Rosel gives “direct and honest” performance in Met Opera’s MTSENSK