Elizabeth Sutphen opened Von Heute auf Morgen, a rarely-performed Schönberg opera, in Frankfurt. The Frankfurter Rundschau praised her voice as “radiant, and if necessary bitchy and jagged.” Previous roles at Oper Frankfurt have included both Romilda and Atalanta in Handel’s Xerxes (which can be seen on DVD and Blu-ray through Unitel), Tiny Bunyan in Britten’s Paul Bunyan under the direction of Brigitte Fassbender, Zerbinetta in Ariadne auf Naxos, The Blessed Virgin in Honegger’s Jean D’arc au Bûcher, Lisetta in Rossini’s La gazzetta, and Lisa in La Sonnambula.
- Amanda Lynn Bottoms, Susanne Burgess, Louis Lohraseb join L2 Artists for General Management
- Kelsey Lauritano brings a “Suzuki of great class” to Oper Frankfurt
- Briana Hunter reprises role as Mother in BLUE at Pittsburgh Opera
- Dimitri Pittas and Evan Boyer share the stage in KC’s TOSCA
- Renée Tatum stars as Fricka in Nashville Opera’s Das Rheingold